Garden Design Ideas / October 11, 2018 / Aitana Hsu.
Architecture and design changes with region, like language and cuisine does! Each region has its own typicality and specialty, which marks its idiosyncrasy, its style. There are architectures and there are famous architectures. Tuscan architecture is world renowned and known for its charm and chic. It has truly evolved, taking cues and adapting styles from many different eras, right from Italian renaissance to contemporary Italian designs. Right from the bridges to mosaic tiles to large pillars and wrought iron gates, Tuscan architecture has truly made carved a niche for itself. Following are some of the elements of Tuscan architecture that makes it so special.
Tuscan architecture features and stereotypes
Here are some of the features and typicality of Tuscan architecture, that make it so special and renowned :
1) Buildings - The buildings are generally elegant but simple villas with clean lines and columns. Huge pillars supporting the gigantic structures characterize the outside. Today built with cement, these structures were built with strong stone in the olden days, thus keeping a very cool temperature inside.
2) Tuscan rooms - The rooms are designed on the classical lines. They are typically designed with fireplaces, high ceilings, earthy oranges of maroon colors, with Tuscan furniture and paintings that create the ultimate Italian harmony.
3) Wall treatment - Tuscan walls are generally textured with traditional Venetian and Stucco Plaster Effects, for both interiors and exteriors. The walls are a support to the rest of the architectural elements like paintings and flooring styles.
4) Interior design and furniture - Tuscan interiors are characterized by tapestries, gold ornate detailing, expensive china, colorful plates, stained glass, candle holders, wrought iron objects and heavily upholstered furniture made with expensive silks, velvets and leather.
5) Ceilings - Ceilings have stenciled borders, wooden beams and paneled ceilings that might have textured medallions etc. These are elevated by the presence of beautiful chandeliers.
6) Floors - Terracotta, mosaic and glazed ceramic, Italian marble that harmonize with the rest of the decor. Generally tiles are inlayed with intricate patterns and designs.