Start Date: Dec. 11, 2012|
Time: 9:00 AM
The Purdue University and University of Illinois Extension Bi-State Agriculture Programs group are hosting a Crop Management Conference on Tuesday December 11, at 9:15 am ET (registration 8:45 am ET) at the Beef House Restaurant, 16501 Indiana State Road 63, Covington, IN.
Everyone interested in corn and soybean production; and the weather and agricultural market forecasts are welcome to attend. The morning topics and presenters include:
• The Worst and Best of Times – 2012 Soybeans, by Shaun Casteel, Purdue Soybean Specialist
• High Yield Corn, by Fred Below, U. of Illinois Crop Specialist
• Cover Crops, by Mark Perry and Don Robison, both with Beck’s Superior Hybrids
• Resistance: Perspectives and Recommendations, by Mike Gray, U. of Illinois Entomology Specialist
• Fertilizer Application Regulations, by Dan Ritter, Purdue Extension Educator
Following the buffet lunch, Weather and Market Outlooks will be presented by Jim Angel, Illinois State Climatologist and Corinne Alexander, Purdue Agricultural Economist.
The cost for both the program and the buffet lunch is $20 payable at the door. An additional fee of $10 is required to earn Indiana Private Applicator Recertification Program, Certified Crop Advisor, or Indiana Commercial Pesticide Applicator credits. Pre-registration is required, by contacting Phil Cox, Vermillion County Extension, Indiana at (765)492-5335 or email@example.com by December 6.