Start Date: Feb. 15, 2013|
Time: 9:00 AM
University of Illinois Extension will host a soil fertility workshop/webinar on February 15 from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. It will feature specialists from Illinois and Missouri. Five hours of CCA continuing education credit in Nutrient Management have been applied for.
Topics and speakers are as follows:
• Successful Nitrogen Management (how N rate, timing, source and additives affect success), Peter Scharf;
• Secondary and Micronutrients (which ones and how do you know you might need them?) Robert Bellm;
• How CEC and Soil Nutrients are Related (why CEC is an important tool in determining your fertility goal) Pete Fandel;
• Using Precision Farming Tools to Improve Nutrient Management, Dennis Bowman;
• Phosphorus and Potassium Budgets (Correctly accounting for what’s in the field and what’s coming out) Fabian Fernandez.
The program will be offered at the University of Illinois Extension Unit 13 Unit office, located at 801 N. Country Fair Drive, Suite D, Champaign, IL . Registration costs are $50 per person, which will include meal, refreshments and handouts. You can contact our office at 217.333.7672 or go online to register at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/cfiv/ Please register by February 11.
University of Illinois Extension offers educational programs that are aimed at making life better, healthier, safer and more profitable for individuals and communities throughout Illinois. Volunteers who serve on local Extension councils help to determine program priorities at the county level. For more information on U of I Extension programs in Champaign, Ford-Iroquois, and Vermilion Counties, please visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/cfiv/ or phone in Champaign: 217.333.7672, Ford-Iroquois: 815.268.4051, or Vermilion: 217.422.8615.