Interior Design / October 6, 2018 / Bethany Selby.
Bay windows are spacious windows that can look drab or they can sound excellent. However, it is the “drab” factor that leads people to decorate them.
Here is an idea of what you may see and what you can do to make your bay windows not so ugly:
- You can try custom fitted roman shades for each window. Is can accentuate the window and its qualities. These windows are quite linear, and roman shades can reveal that.
- If you have bay windows in your bedroom, you can add curtains to the bottom half of the windows to add to privacy, but still, allow light into the room.
- If you have various romantic window treatment elements in a room, a valance can make a considerable difference. Is can unite the windows into one.
Accordion shades can add to the color of the room and also let in as much or as little light as you want.
Some individuals may add some carpeting to the flat area in front of the windows. Is will soften the look. If the bay window is thick enough, you could even sit in the window as you’ve probably seen some people do. However, make sure the area is sturdy enough to sit in and star gaze.
There are different types of bay window coverings you can use. Wood coverings are strong; you can go for the shutter appearance and open and close them as you please.
- Some individuals choose to add stained glass to the bay to add color to the light coming into the room. The stained glass itself can add color quite easily.
- All-in-all, the idea in decorating bay windows is to make the window look softer in the room and use them in whatever way you can to add color to the office. Instead of them being separate from the room, you are incorporating them into the room.
It is essential when making them a focal point rather than something that seems to set off to the side with no function whatsoever. When you are decorating bay shaped windows, you are in the process of making them functional and beautiful.