Garden Design Ideas / October 12, 2018 / Charlotte Mcneely.
Lawns create the mesmerizing beauty for your house. If it a maintained properly, it will be heaven on the earth. Following tips will help you to maintain your lawn thereby increasing the value of your house.
1. Your aim should be the healthy lawn, not the perfect garden. The often form the invisible coating over the park which can disable water or air from penetrating through the pores of the leaves. Instead, practice integrated pest management. Pesticides are to a user in other control methods are not able to produce the desired results.
2. Study the land where you to make a lawn properly. Closely shaded areas do not offer the right growing conditions for gardens and pest problems can result. Heavily sloped regions are often difficult to establish from seed. They could be challenging to mow also.
3. The cautiously select area by the use, soil type, sunlight availability, moisture, desired appearance, pest resistance, and management level required.
4. The fertilized lawn will maintain the right color and density and will grow rapidly enough. It automatically eradicates the weeds and other pests. For low- to moderate-maintenance gardens two nitrogen applications per year are sufficient. Whereas as higher quality lawns require three or four uses.
5. The excessive thatch of half-inch can provide a protective home for some insect pests and disease-causing fungi. It can interrupt pesticides, making them ineffective. To prevent excessive thatch buildup is to avoid over watering and fertilization. Another way to thatch is to insert hollow tines into the soil and remove soil plugs throughout the lawn. It also improves the soil condition.
6. Homeowners cut their lawns too short. If you cut it too short, the park becomes sparse which leads to growth in weeds. Never remove more than one-third of the grass blade in one cutting.